She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25

Monday, July 12, 2010

Little Moments

The best part about having children is the daily reminders of how God cherishes each one of His children. Now don't get me wrong, there was a time in my life when my children were more of a chore to endure than a blessing to graciously receive, but God has a way of breaking through.

This morning my 2-and-a-half year old gave me a rambling explanation of how her dolls were getting along today. My nine-year-old listed off the titles of the entire 'Series of Unfortunate Events' then laughed herself silly at the alliterations. My twelve-year-old (who is 2 weeks away from 13) stopped me in mid stride across the kitchen to have just one more hug.

A series of well-thought-out mistakes several years ago almost deprived me of these daily blessings in my life. Although I knew in my heart of hearts that I was pursuing happiness, God saw straight through to the blind selfishness behind my excuses. He opened my eyes to what I had become. Then He opened my eyes to what I could be if I was willing to live my life His way. And though the road has not been easy, He daily gives me little moments to remind me that He cherishes me even more than I cherish my children... Life is so much easier to live to the fullest when you know you are cherished.

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." Isaiah 64:4 (also 1 Corinthians 2:9)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home