She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Peter Pants

Last night my youngest daughter asked if we could watch Peter Pants. When we asked her if she meant 'Peter Pan', she shouted Peter Pants over and over to stress her point that she knew exactly what she was talking about.

This is so true of real life. People will make fools of themselves, declaring their ignorance at full volume, because they believe they know what they are talking about. This same concept has caused countless misunderstandings in my marriage. I will quote my husband back something he said while he smiles at me, trying hard not to laugh, because that was not what he said. (I might add he is just as guilty of the same mistake)

Someone once told me: You were given two ears and one mouth for a reason. When we take the time to double check what we thought we heard, it can spare us the need to take back the words we used to respond.

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue," Proverbs 17: 27-28

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home