She is clothed in strength and dignity, she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Put Down the Gun

Last night in Wednesday night church class I was trying to describe what trusting God looks like and why trusting Him is a good thing. I gave the example of how when I first tried trusting God it was the spiritual equivalent of staring down the barrel of an armed stranger who was telling me, "I promise I won't shoot you, now put your gun down."

Trusting my father in heaven was a difficult thing for me to want to achieve for many years. So many people had broken my trust to such devastating levels that I didn't dare trust the maker of heaven and earth. If mortal people could cause the kind of damage I suffered, what could an all-powerful being be capable of causing me? The answer was one I did not expect. God provided me with a perpetual feeling of safety. When I wholeheartedly trust Him, even when things don't make sense, I am blessed with a sense of security no person could ever provide.

Yes, trusting God can be scary at times. But as I keep pushing through the trials of my life, He proves Himself worthy of my trust every time.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home